Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sauteed fish in mojo de ajo

I essentially followed the recipe for pescado de mojo de ajo in Rick Bayless's Authentic Mexican.  I have a fair amount of experience sauteeing fish, so the recipe came our well.

I made the refried beans by cooking pinto beans in a pressure cooker along with a couple of sprigs of epazote, some onion, some duck fat, and some olive oil.  Then I mashed them and fried them in duck fat with a little bit of onion.  Not bad, but not great.  The duck fat didn't do much for the beans.

I also made rice, following Bayless's recipe for arroz verde.  Essentially, it calls for boiling rice in a puree of chicken broth, roasted poblanos, celery, onion, cilantro, parsley, and garlic.  I liked the flavor, but next time I would use considerably less liquid than the recipe calls for.

No comments:

Post a Comment