Sunday, March 6, 2011

Peruvian arroz con pato

Arroz con pato (rice with duck) is one of the best things I ate in Peru.  I sampled a few different versions, the best of which, and the one that inspired me to try to cook it at home, was served at Panchita, a lively upscale restaurant in Lima.  My second attempt at arroz con pato was successful but not as good as Panchita's.  (My first attempt was a disaster.  I decided to use a very heavy imperial stout as the beer in the recipe -- a truly retarded choice.  The finished dish had the viscosity of motor oil and it didn't taste all that dissimilar.)

I loosely followed this recipe.  If I were to play around it with, I'd try shredding one boiled breast into the rice and cooking another one completely separately to get it crispy.  I'd also like to try using duck legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment